If you’re dealing with clogged drains, a high-pressure water jetter can come in handy. Although it can be tempting to call a plumber, renting a high-pressure water jetter is a more affordable option. However, before you dive into renting and using a high-pressure water jetter, you must understand what it is and how to use it. In this article, we’ll guide you through the rental process and its usage.
What is a High-Pressure Water Jetter?
A high-pressure water jetter is a machine that blasts water out of a nozzle, creating high-pressure streams of water that can be used to clear clogged drains. It’s used to reach and remove stubborn clogs in most plumbing, such as pipes, sewers, and drains. They’re incredibly effective and can blast much further than the traditional techniques or unclogging methods. There is a wide range of models in the market, and you’ll need to choose one suitable for your cleaning task.
Step-by-Step Guide to Renting a High-Pressure Water Jetter
1. Determine what type of jetter you need: Before renting, you’ll need to know what type of jetter you need. There are different types of jetters, including gas-powered, electric, and diesel. Determine which type is suitable for your task.
2. Find a reputable rental company: Check online or in-person for companies that offer high-pressure water jetter rentals. Look for a reputable company near you with good online reviews.
3. Evaluate rental machine condition: Ensure the machine is in good condition, with the necessary attachments, including hoses, nozzles, and wands. Also, take the time to read and understand the operator manual.
4. Rent the machine: Rent the machine and ask the rental company to guide you on how to operate the machine or provide information on the machine’s functionalities. Know the duration for which you’ll be renting the machine.
5. Transportation: Arrange transportation of the machine to your preferred destination. If you own a truck or a large vehicle, renting a trailer and towing the machine is ideal.
Step-by-Step Guide to Using a High-Pressure Water Jetter
1. Protective gears: Before you start the cleaning process, ensure you have protective gear such as gloves, protective glasses, and face shields.
2. Pre-clean the drain: Remove grime, debris, or any objects that may hinder the water jetter’s operation. You can use other unclogging methods such as mechanical or chemical solutions before the final jetting process.
3. Connect the hoses: Connect the hoses, wands, and nozzles to the machine. Ensure they’re tightly connected and secure.
4. Water source: Connect the machine to the water source, either a garden hose or faucet, and start the engine.
5. Start cleaning: Slowly insert the nozzle into the opening and turn on the high-pressure jet. Slowly move the nozzle back and forth or in a circular motion, guiding it with the wand.
6. Jetting time: The jetting process usually takes 30-60 minutes. When finished, stop the machine, detach the hoses, and clean the machine.
If you’re looking for an effective and affordable way to unclog your drain, a high-pressure water jetter is worth considering. By renting a high-pressure water jetter, you can save money and take control of your plumbing needs. By following these step-by-step instructions, you’re sure to have success in renting and utilizing a high-pressure water jetter for your DIY drain cleaning needs.